Wednesday, June 3, 2009

CD11

Well, crap, one of the freelancing projects I was planning on working on this summer got canned. Luckily, I still have another site (thanks, Rae!) that I can work for, but I was liking the variety of topics that I could find between the two. I guess all good things must come to an end, but I would have liked to at least make it through the summer with that one. Oh, well. I'm torn between wanting to find something to replace it or just put my nose to the grindstone with the other. Ah, the joys of freelance writing.

--

So, today is CD11 (cycle day) and I'm supposed to officially start testing for ovulation tomorrow. I'm really trying to refrain from starting today because I know the chances of getting a surge (an LH surge detects impending ovulation) today are slim to none, but I feel like I might miss it if I wait. Riiight, last month it never happened and this month its going to miraculously occur early?! Hardly. But, there is something compulsive about me when it comes to this process. I feel like if I'm going to put my body through this that I'm going to take it as seriously as possible, without stressing over it. Although, I do admit there is a fine line.

Technically, you should ovulate between 4 and 10 days after your last dose of Clomid which means you could detect a surge as soon as 3 days after the last pill, which is still tomorrow. Either way it looks like I'm going to be on vacation when I'm going to need to get my blood drawn to track my progesterone levels. Which, I was initially concerned about having to find a Lab Corp on the East Coast, although we are mostly only going to large cities that have several, but now, honestly, I'm more worried about it effecting me on what is supposed to be Kyle and I's relaxing get away. If we got good news (and by good I mean just the news that I actually ovulated!) it would make for an even better week, but if I get the same call I got last month, I'm afraid it would effect me in a different direction. Yeah, yeah, I've heard it before, you are only on month #2, blah blah, but honestly, having gotten thrown into this feet first with no paddle, I feel like it isn't just a casual month #2, its been a very active two cycles. At this point, although a pregnancy is obviously the best news I could get, I just want to know that I can ovulate. Plus, you only get to try Clomid for 6 months before moving on to more invasive and serious efforts. Whew, ok, I feel better. I told you, this testing phase brings out the down-to-business part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment