Monday, June 1, 2009

Having the summer off

Its sort of a mixed blessing, really. I like the flexibility, but boy is it hard to stay on task. My TV is downstairs with all of my DVRed shows that my husband won't watch, its turned into a beautiful, warm, sunny day, my garden needs mulching, I have a ton of errands to do, yet, "I'm at work". Its all a balance (I told you, I need big time reminding of this in every aspect of my life!), I mean I did watch one of my DVRed shows over lunch, and I am considering finishing my cousin's wedding gift during my next break, but I feel like I should be more productive during the hours I am actually doing WORK. It is only my fourth week so, hopefully, I'll find my groove here at some point, but until then I'll have to just keep yelling at myself to remind me to stay on track!

On the Clomid front, today is day 5 of 5 so I'm looking forward to the next stage...testing! Again, another mixed blessing in life. Its exciting at the prospect of everything actually working the way its supposed to and the potential miracle that it could lead to, but its also exhausting at the thought of the every day process of it. In some ways when you are just on the pills, you are just on the pills. There isn't anything else baby-related you can do so its sort of a more laid back time of the lineup (aside from the side effects, of course), but once you enter the testing phase its much more active and slightly more stressful!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Another blog to follow... and a TTC blog at that:) I had no idea you and Kyle were there, but I'm so excited for you. I can understand everything you are feeling. It's not as easy as we once thought, especially when you have a card or two stacked against you, right?! I wish you all the best... and to be honest, I truly believe that the hardest-to-conceive babies are loved in a way that no other parents can understand. Love you lots and I'm so happy to be a part of your big journey to mommyhood:)

    ReplyDelete