Sunday, August 2, 2009

Temps

So my temperatures are actually looking fairly promising this cycle. They have been slowly rising over the last week and reached just below my coverline today. Without delving too deep into temping jargon, basically your temps need to be above your coverline for at least three days in order to confirm ovulation. That means if my temps continue to rise as they have been then it is likely that I O'ed yesterday! I'm desperately trying not to read too much into it, however, this is my first temperature chart that even looked remotely promising.

I've actually grown to enjoy charting my temps. The first month I analyzed each lonely temperature when in fact its much more about the chart as a whole. After a few weeks you can see a pattern develop which, in theory, matches up with the hormone levels in your body. It has helped me to understand exponentially more about my body and about each cycle. And, it is much more reliable and has less room for error than peeing on OPKs. As long as you are pretty consistent (within 30 minutes) about the time you take your temperature when you wake up every morning it can provide you with some pretty concrete answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment