Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Fertility Friend

For those of you who don't know, Fertility Friend is an online program that you can use to chart your fertility signs for each cycle. It takes a lot of the manual work out of charting your temps and it makes for a nice place to keep track of all the pertinent info.

Well, my friend thinks I've O'd. Wouldn't that be nice if thats all it took? Although, this is the first time that its ever speculated an ovulatory pattern so my hopes are heightened at least a little that its a possibility my parts did their job this cycle. I've seen other people's red lines appear indicating their O date, but mine has remained lineless, until today. I was almost shocked, truthfully. I entered my temp from this morning and all of sudden it started doing things I've never seen it do before. I was half asleep and slightly confused until I realized it said "O date: CD25". Wow, really?!

Now, of course, this isn't enough for the cynic in me, but it does boost my confidence a tad. I was supposed to go in for bloodwork tomorrow, but that was working on the assumption that I O'd last Friday. I actually just spoke with the nurse and she agrees that I likely O'd at the beginning of the week, pushing my bloodwork now to Tuesday.

One thing I am regretting to consider is, if I actually did O on CD 25, why did the Clomid take so long to work?! It is technically supposed to make you O 4-10 days after the last pill...mine would have been 16 days after my last pill. I'll take it, no doubt, but it does make me wonder, assuming I don't get pregnant this month, if they will still up my Clomid next cycle to make it happen earlier. Grrrr. The thought of 200mg of Clomid literally makes me cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment