Friday, July 3, 2009

Midsummer Night's Dream

Happy 4th of July weekend! This is, and always has been, my favorite holiday. It stems from growing up in a community who has always had a large Independence Day celebration, with the heart of it steps from my parent's front lawn. It always felt like everyone was coming to "my" neighborhood, and I loved it. To this day, I love that I don't have to worry about parking and that I'm the one that can go set out the blanket early so we get a primo spot to watch the fireworks.

The 4th also marks the middle of the summer. How have I been off work for more then 6 weeks already?! What have I done? A lot really, it has just flown by! I still have another solid 6+ weeks to go, but I can't believe its half over. In all honesty, though, I'm looking forward to going back to work, and school! I miss my students, if you can believe that. I never thought I'd say "I miss work", but I do. I guess that's the joy of finding a job that you truly enjoy doing. And going back to school, although scares the shit out of me, is an exciting feeling. I always loved school, and now with a greater appreciation for education, I imagine I'll love it just as much, if not more.

Be careful with those fireworks...

1 comment:

  1. This summer has flown by! The 4th of July is my favorite holiday too - our neighborhood does just glow! Wish I could have seen you longer, we must get together soon!

    ReplyDelete