Wednesday, October 21, 2009

2nd Tri

Yeah, I'm definitely not as good at this as I thought I would be, but I'm going to try and make more of an effort to keep up. I think part of my most recent absence had to do with the fact that I pretty much held my breath through the first trimester. However, now I feel more comfortable talking about my pregnancy and finally am starting to realize that this really is going to happen for us!

We had our 12-week ultrasound and WOW. Not only does he/she actually look like a baby this time, but we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. What a rush, really. That was the moment when it felt completely real.

I came out this week, too, which has been fun. I told my extended family and my co-workers and now the word is slowly starting to leak into the other crevices of my life. It feels good to have such a big secret off of my chest.

AND, I'm starting to feel better. Other than the multiplying craters on my face, my other symptoms are starting to subside and although I still feel unusually tired, I'm not fighting to keep my eyes open all day, at least.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your feeling better. I'm sure your family was estatic when you told them!

    ReplyDelete