Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Letting the cat out of the bag

Ok, so some of you are too smart for me and others of you may just have decided that I'm not going to be an avid blogger and have tuned out. Well, the truth is I am 8wks and 5 days pregnant.

I wasn't quite ready to shout it from the rooftops when we first found out and I hadn't really considered how that would effect my blog writing so I hid behind my true, yet excuse, of a schedule. I am still keeping it rather quiet, for those of you who I know in my real life, but I do feel worlds better today after getting to see my baby's heart pitter patter for the first time and hearing the doctor say that everything looked great.

I must say we were pleasantly surprised that it happened on month 3 of Clomid for us. Apparently our missing piece was the all important egg. I know that most women are cautiously excited these first several weeks, but I think that is why I am exhibiting extra caution right now because I feel like its almost too good to be true.

Don't get me wrong, I've never been so happy -- especially today -- but I do feel like its only smart to stay realistic. However, from what I've heard seeing the heartbeat drastically lowers your risks and that statistic is something that will likely get me through until my next Dr. appointment:)

2 comments:

  1. Emily!!!! I do not know if you remember me from Katies baby shower, my husband and I sat next to you during present time!!!! I cannot begin to say how happy I am for you and your husband! I have to admit Katie and I were super sure about it! You guys will be in my prayers, again congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa! Of course I remember you!! Thank you so much for your thoughts:) And CONGRATS to you!!! I hope everything is going well with your family. Its definitely an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete